Top 10 Quality Cannabis Flowers and Concentrates in Ontario
Disclaimer: This article is strictly for recreational use. Nothing in this publication should be construed as medical advice. Please speak to your health care provider directly if you would like medical information on cannabis.
Choosing an appropriate cannabis product is the most necessary step towards feeling the desired effect of a strain.
When selecting cannabis products, users must check the cannabinoid contents of the strain; most commonly THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD (Cannabidiol). Beyond this, they should also pay attention to the Terpene contents when listed. In spite of having a similar chemical formula, their effects are different from each other. THC provides the feeling of being ‘high’ whereas CBD is more often associated with health benefits. The THC and CBD content varies from product to product.
Terpenes are aromatic compounds that provide a more unique experience, tastes and effects based on the levels of the quantities of their presence in the cannabis. The main terpenes typically found in cannabis are :
There are thousands of types of cannabis products, like: flower, edibles, pre-rolls, concentrates etc. We will mainly be focusing on flowers and concentrates.
Flower Vs Concentrate: The major difference between cannabis flower and concentrate is the potency. Most of the flower buds contain about 10% to 20% THC. Whereas, most of the concentrates contain 50% to 90% THC. Because of this THC difference, the effects of concentrate are often stronger and remain for much longer than the flower.
Indica Vs Sativa Vs Hybrid : Generally, Indica strains are more popular, specially amongst seasoned Cannabis users. The reason for its popularity are its amazing effects which make the users relaxed, calm and balanced. Most of the Indica flower strains are used for sound sleep, relaxation, and relief from pain. Similarly, Sativa has the popularity for creating the sensation of a body high. Compared to Indica, Sativa strains help users to focus better and to be more energized. On the other hand, Hybrid is the combination of these two. Sometimes the hybrid strain is Indica-dominant, sometimes it is Sativa-dominant. The effect or high depends on the type of the combination in the strain.
There are more than thousands of flowers and concentrates in Canada. But here, there will be exploring 10 of the best quality flowers and concentrate strains measured by their THC and CBD content.
- Northern lights: This is one of the most popular Indica flower strains with 95% of Indica. The bud is mainly an Indica cross between Thai and Afghani. According to the reviewers, the strain of Northern Lights relaxes not only their body but also their mind. And they can go through a deep sleep. So its major effects are relaxation, sleeping, and relief from stress. For these effects, it is considered to be night-time used strain. This is a premium quality flower containing —
THC : 16-22%
CBD : Less than 1%.
Tarpenes: Myrcene, Beta-Caryophyllene, and Pinene. Creating a strong herbal, peppery, and citrusy aroma and flavor.2.
- Pink Kush: This is an indica dominant hybrid strain containing 90% of Indica and 10% Sativa. It contains several notes like citrus, earthy, spicy, sweet etc. Because of the indica domination, the strain serves an amazing body-relaxing effect. Helps to get relief from body tension also. But in spite of only 10% Sativa content, the strain helps boost its happy, uplifting and euphoric effect.
The strain contains:
THC : 22%
CBD : Not more than 1%
Tarpenes : Beta-Caryophyllene, Beta-Pinene, Limonene, Mycrene.
- Quadra: Another indica-dominant strain with a strong THC potency. This is named after the “Quadra” Island of the West coast of British Columbia. This strain produces thick and powerful funky kush flavour along with a note of mandarin zest. The strain provides some balanced effect such as body-high but keeps the mind calm, relaxed and uplifted. It is often chosen to get relief from chronic pain, stress, insomnia and depression.
THC : 14-19%
CBD : Less than 1%
Terpenes: beta- and trans-caryophyllene, limonene, terpineol and myrcene.
- Blueberry Kush : Also known as Blueberry OG kush, this is one of the most popular indica flower strains, made by crossing Blueberry and OG kush. Just as its name suggests, the strains contain the flavour of berry. It is popular for its dreamy effect which leads to a deep sleep and helps relieve stress. Medical Marijuana patients take this strain to get relief from insomnia and stress. The strain contains –
THC : 18%
CBD : 1%
Tarpenes: Myrcene, beta-Caryophyllene, alpha-Pinene, d-Limonene, and alpha-Humulene for a sweet earthy aroma.
- Wappa : Wappa is an indica-dominant hybrid strain containing 60% indica and 40% sativa. It has the best quality of flavour of sweet fruit, a little bit citrus and spicy. The effects are mostly calming and the potency is higher than average. The strain helps users be focused and produces creativity. Higher doses may cause a deep and restful sleep. That’s why it is considered to be the best as a night-time use strain. The medical cannabis patients use the strain to get relief from stress, anxiety and insomnia as well as the chronic pains. The strain serves a lot of more positive effects for which it is considered to be one of the best premium quality strains.
THC : 22%
CBD : 0%
Terpenes: Limonene, Beta-Myrcene, and Beta-Caryophyllene.
- Hindu Kush : Hindu Kush is a popular indica strain originated from the Hindu Kush mountain range on the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan. The strain has an earthy flavour along with magnificent notes of pine, lemon and citrus. Just because of its 20% THC, a little bit of Hindu Kush can go an extremely long way. And due to 100% of indica, it is usual that this strain affects the body and mind exactly as a strong indica strain would. It helps to relax the body and mind and serves an euphoric bliss. Because of its being highly sedative, it is the best for the evening or night-time use. Moreover, the strain is also known to create a positive vibe. The smokers feel comfortable, safe, released and start to express their inner joy and gratitude after smoking this strain. The medical benefits of the strain are to eliminate chronic pain, insomnia, lack of appetite etc. This popular strain contains :
THC : 20%
CBD : 0%
Terpenes: Beta caryophyllene, limonene, myrcene and humulene for a spicy citrus earthy aroma.
- Apricot Kush Gems N’ Juice : Also known as “Diamond and Suace”. This is a 100% pure indica cannabis with no alteration or re-introduction. It demonstrates the full natural spectrum of the fresh harvested plant. It has an easy-to-handle crystalline structure and contains a strong potency. The flavour surely please the mind of the smoker. The diamond and sauce provides a premium live concentrates experience with its luxurious and bright consistency.
THC – 82.14%
CBD – 0-5%
Terpenes : Pinene, Myrcene, Caryophyllen.
- APL Black Badder : This is a concentrate and a BHO (Butane Hash Oil) product made with dried cured flowers. The consistency is like a thick cake batter. It retains more of the terpenes because of its oilier and softer texture. As it is a natural product with a strong potency, the effects last for a very long time. Smokers feel energetic as well as mind-relaxed after taking this dose. This concentrate contains :
THC – 74.6%
CBD – 0.37%
Terpenes : [Not listed] Because of its oiler and softer in texture, it retains more of the terpenes.
- RAD- Sour Diesel Shatter : One of the strongest concentrates of sativa cannabis. It is radically golden and brittle concentrate with gasoline aroma and orange hints. It is produced via hydrocarbon extraction. Because of the sativa parent with high THC, the smoker feels extremely energetic. It helps to remain focused and produces creativity in smokers’ mind. And for its positive vibe, the user feels inspired and happy. This concentrate contains—
THC – 72%-80%
CBD – 1%
Terpenes : Not Listed.
- THCA Diamonds : THCA diamond is one of the strongest concentrates containing high THC. Just like the name suggests, this cannabis has solid crystalline structures that are semi-transparent and look like diamonds. These products are different from the other concentrates. Especially, when the diamonds are heated up, they can contain the THC up to 99.9%. Because of the extreme THC level, the effects appear strongly. Usually smokers feel sleepy, happy and relaxed. It is very effective for insomnia and anxiety.
THC – 87.8%
CBD – 1%
Terpenes : 10% Approx.